Wednesday, September 16, 2015

On the Go in San Francisco at Earthquake Trail


From Ruth:

I had fun today trying out the TS on the Earthquake Trail at Point Reyes National Seashore north of San Francisco. It's a short (0.6 mile) paved trail that I used to walk easily, but not for the past 15 years or so. The trail begins at the southeast corner of the Bear Valley Picnic Area, just across the street from the Bear Valley Visitor Center. It's paved (see photo.) The lovely thing is that you really do get out into some nature, farther out than I am usually able to go, but since it is paved and fairly level, no worries about getting stuck.

The only thing that gave me pause was that it's a loop, and the first part DOES go downhill a bit. I was wondering about the scoot getting me back up the hill, but it turns out that the return side of the loop isn't as steep (not that the "out" side was terribly steep, just enough to concern me about coming back up.) It was great. It was also beautiful. The pictures don't even tell half the story. I had such a good time!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your outing.

    Your handlebars are different from mine. Do you know if the thumb throttle lever thingie would work on yours? I sometimes think about upgrading my scooter but am not sure how all my gadgets would fit on a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if it would go on there or not. Maybe someone else can chime in here?

      Delete
  2. That smile on your face is as gorgeous as the scenery. So much joy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete