Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)


Dean Hughson shared a letter with us that he sent to Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) about a recent trip he took with his TravelScoot.  Dean said his TravelScoot was so happy it got to ride in business class upstairs that it ran fast through the Stockholm Sweden airport.  He had to remind it that it is a servant, not the passenger.

More information about SSA is available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Airlines .


From: Dean Hughson
To: SAS


Per, I am back from my trip to ORD-Stockholm-AMS-Copenhagen-ORD

First let me tell you your help was immensely appreciated.  Your notes in the computer helped the ground crew in Chicago understand and I wish I had the woman's name (Belgian I think). She was amazing. She took me to the plane and all of a sudden 2 of your stewardesses picked up my TravelScoot (16 kgs)   www.travelscoot.com  and carried it to the front of business class and put it in with the luggage there. When I arrived in Stockholm they carried it out and I was one of the first people off of the airplane: felt like a rock star. I happened to be on the flight with long term stewardess Eva who was retiring after 39 years and this was her last flight and her mentoring of the other staff was an inspiration to all of them and to me personally: I love to see someone who loves their job and after 39 years it is obvious SAS loved her also.

I observed with my own eyes your staff's careful care for other disabled people and you should be commended. I think if you don't have it already, you should put together a 'panel' of handicapped people to give you info on developments in technology (like TravelScoot) and other things coming down the road in the future.  As an aging world, you will see more people needing some assistance to fly and you guys are on it.

Thanks again. I will favor SAS with my business in the future.

Dean Hughson, COO
Henningsen Foods
www.henningsenfoods.com
Omaha, Nebraska

1 comment:

  1. Dean,
    Would you mind if I sent a copy of your letter to Southwest Airlines. I had Lithium battery in carry one luggage with them in 2010. Even when I had with me and latter sent them the FAA regulations. Your letter reveals exceptional service by SAS. Loved your panel suggestion.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete