Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another day brought to me by the letter T, for TravelScoot


Today started off with me and Alan at the Unfinished Furniture Showcase store to check on some shelving we'd ordered. While I was there I visited a rocker I've come to think of in the last week as mine. I'm a very large person, and most chairs are not comfortable for me. This one fits me like someone took my measurements and made it just for me. As you can see from the picture above it is now mine AND it fit beautifully in our Odyssey along with my scoot. We also found the perfect spot for it in our living room, in front of the glass doors and with a great view of our skylight. Of course I had to try it out so I sat there rocking and looking at the trees swaying in the wind through the skylight.

Because of my scoot, I was able to go many places today besides the furniture store. We met two of my sisters for a nice lunch, then went to a big hardware store and then to a grocery store we almost never go in. Sometimes I think we are just in the place we need to be at a certain time. I say that because there was an older man in the grocery store who needed a scooter but didn't want the lift he'd need in order to take it anywhere. I admire him because despite a run in with flesh-eating bacteria in both legs, he was walking around the store wearing special boots and getting his own groceries. He was amazed at my scooter and wanted to know all about it.

Tonight my scoot carried me to celebrate Melissa and Greg's second wedding anniversary. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment