Sunday, September 27, 2009

These past 2 weeks...


These past 2 weeks have been a blur, and if you've been wondering why I haven't been posting, this will explain. My mother reached the end of her 22 year journey with breast cancer on September 19th. I am posting her obituary too, and if you knew her I hope it'll make you smile, and if you didn't, I hope it will make you wish you had. When she wanted to do something, nothing stood in her way, regardless of her health or mobility issues.

I also hope this post will reach out to those of you who could benefit from a mobility aid, but are hesitant to use one. My TravelScoot enabled me to be with my mother the last week of her life much more than I could have managed without it. I didn't have to be concerned with where I parked, how many trips I made through her large nursing home, or where I needed to go to take care of the arrangements afterwards. I truly do not know how I would have managed without it.

This photo was taken in June when my sister Rae Lyn and I took our mom out for a day on wheels. Rhonda, our photographer, was on a TravelScoot too.

1 comment:

  1. deepest sympathy to you honey in your loss. but know how lucky you are to have had her and the wonderful memories you will always have... maybe you'll feel like sharing more.

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete