Sunday, September 1, 2013

Oxygen and the TravelScoot


I've recently begun oxygen 24/7, and I'm wondering how other TravelScooters who use oxygen carry it around?  I started out with with my portable oxygen being an M9 (C) cylinder tank set on a pulse rate of 2.  Carrying this tank on the scoot was easy.  However, using the pulse rate isn't keeping my levels up high enough, so I need to find the best way to carry continuous oxygen.  Do any of you use a portable oxygen concentrator with your scoot?  Have you come up with a clever way to carry it around?  I'd appreciate input and pictures.  I'm sure I'm not the only person trying to figure this out.

2 comments:

  1. I am on oxygen 24/7 and I have the Invacare Portable Oxygen Concentrator XPO100. I just sit my unit in the basket behind my seat. I bought the basket when I ordered my travelscoot, but I wanted it for the rear, not the front. I figured a basket on the front wound get in the way of getting close to things. I just have a 4 foot cannula that I just feed underneath my seat to keep out of the way of the wheels. My PCO is still pulse, not continuous, but it goes up to 5 lpm. Even if you use a larger PCO because of the need for continuous, I am sure it would still fit in a rear basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarge carried one, restronics i think it was called. he just put it in the bottom and off he went. it sat between his legs near his feet.

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete