Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's here!

Today my TravelScoot arrived. Hopefully you're already familiar with the information at http://www.travelscoot.sizepositive.com/, so you know the background.

We didn't have any trouble assembling it, and charging the battery didn't take long. I think it needs some adjusting though because it's not operating exactly like the one I tested. When I start it going it vibrates for a few seconds, then once it gets going it's fine, but every time I stop and start it again it does the same thing.

I've sent an email to Hardy Huber. Hopefully he'll have a good suggestion for me to try.

This picture is what it looked like when we opened the box. The only thing that Alan had already taken out of the box was the baskets.

UPDATE:
The vibration problem was caused by the throttle having a built-in delay. Hardy sent a throttle with no delay, Alan installed it, and I haven't had a problem since. Now when he ships a TravelScoot to a larger person, he makes sure the throttle has no delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment