Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Sunday Adventure

Today I took my TravelScoot to Sam's Club. I didn't have to worry about finding a close spot, because I could park anywhere and scoot in. Hooray! I wasn't sure how I was going to handle needing a buggy, but what I ended up doing was trying it out in the parking lot first. I rolled up to a buggy to see if I could roll it beside me. I was able to do that by just holding onto the front of it. In the store though, it worked even better. There was enough room in many places to roll it beside me, but because the scoot is so small, I was able to drive with my right hand and pull the buggy BEHIND me, using my left hand. Sometimes I just left it sitting and went off to get whatever I needed, then came back and put it in the cart. This might not work so well during a holiday shopping time, but it worked great on a Sunday afternoon. I was in and out of Sam's Club faster than I've ever been.

On the TravelScoot website I saw a testimonial from someone who had actually hooked a grocery cart onto the back of her scoot using a bungee cord. Hard to image, but after today I know it would work.

After Sam's Club I went to my mom's nursing home to deliver supplies for her, and a big bag of chocolate. I left my scoot in the car for that. You know, there is just nothing like seeing the look on my mom's face when she sees me walking in. She may not remember where she is or what year it is, but she knows who I am.

Next was a trip to the grocery store, where I used my Target shopping bag and hooked it over the left handlebar.

I did all that and was back home in about 2 1/2 hours, which is much faster than usual for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment