Yesterday, we went to a nearby outlet mall, one of those big outdoor places in the middle of nowhere, where a large ring of stores surrounds a central parking lot. I did pretty well with the 'Scoot, making the full circuit of the mall and stopping in several stores. No way in heck I could have done that on foot!
Some problems were:
- Knocked over a couple of small items that were hanging low in crowded aisles. No breakage, thankfully.
- A few times, especially after an up-incline, the amber light flickered on before returning to green. Is this normal? (I had not recharged my single Li-ion battery after a previous outing, so I momentarily panicked that Scoot was out of juice.)
- At one point, on a down-ramp, someone suddenly stepped sideways in front of me. I did NOT have the instinct to go for my brakes, but I sure did holler! Fortunately, did not hit him. Guess I need to practice more using my brakes -- I rarely do, just release throttle and put my feet down..
- At another place, there was no one to help with the door, so I got off and tried to pull Scoot thru the door with one hand while holding door open with the other. All of a sudden, Scoot was bucking like a horse! Either the throttle got stuck open, or, my hand was still on it, even tho' I didn't think it was. No harm done except to my pride, and people sure came running to help then! So it's prolly best, when confronted with a non-automatic door, to wait and ask for help.
- By the time we were done, my bottom was sore, even with the larger seat. Anyone have any ideas for padding the seat? I don't think just adding a cushion would be safe -- too easy to slide off. One thought - Junonia sells padded bike shorts - maybe they would help?