Sunday, March 28, 2010

On shore in Progreso


On our day in Progreso, Alan headed off to an excursion to Chichen Itza which left me and Melissa to explore shopping opportunities.  Here we are headed off the ship.


We are greeted by a local band, playing to set a festive mood.
Here's a look back at the ship from shore, to give you an idea of the distance to the first store.
You have to go through this store to get to ANYTHING in Progreso, including transportation to the excursions.  There are many employees inside to help you shop.  This is where I began learning to bargain on prices.  I bought a beautiful turtle made of obsidian.

Once you go through the big store there's a whole mall of stores.  Many of them have small ramps to get inside.  Otherwise you'd need to take a small step up to get in.  Prepare yourself because you will hear "free parking!" at least a dozen times as the shop owners try to entice you into their store. 


We shopped for a couple of hours and then headed back to the ship.
I didn't even realize until I was looking at the pictures that I was ignoring the "don't walk behind red line" warning.  Obviously I didn't think it applied to scooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment