Sunday, July 25, 2010

Preventive Maintenance

Rhonda posted a comment about an idea for a preventive maintenance list. I'd be happy to compile it if you guys want to give your input. How about it, you experienced TravelScooters?

Rhonda commented...

I have always been lucky when it comes to getting help from a stranger, my worry is that it will happen when there are well meaning strangers who aren't mechanically inclined. Dave has decided that my scoot will undergo regular preventive maintenance in the form of a belt check. He said that short of a catastrophic event breaking the belt that regular use will produce cracks on the teeth side of the belt before it breaks. When you see cracks on the belt, it's time for a change. I bet there are several items that could be checked and fixed prior to breakage, we should start a preventive maintenance list.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I think a check list would be very handy to have.

    ReplyDelete