Thursday, December 3, 2009

Debbie's Odometer and Light



From Debbie:

You asked people to send you pictures of their scoot accessories. I put a light on mine so if if is dark when I come out of someplace, I can see and that people can see me easier. I had from the beginning wanted to put a speedometer/odometer on it but didn't know it could be calibrated to fit the small tires. However, Daniel (from London) emailed me a video of his. I took the scoot to a bike shop and had them install it because I didn't figure I would be able to get the calibration setting right. I am running out of room on my handlebar, I would like to replace the bell with a better one. I also have been considering trying to add a mirror. Happy scooting!!

4 comments:

  1. I replaced my bell with one that I purchased at Wal-Mart, It makes a bring-bring sound. It doesn't take up much more room than the old bell and is much louder. It's also really easy to install. I am planning to add a headlight next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light and odometer are very cool. Please add brand names and places to buy. I am an old bicyclist and can really appreciate both. I like the mirror on my bike helmet or better yet sunglasses, but I only wear the helmet when on the road, not in my usual work and shopping mode.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I velcro a very loud bicycle horn on my basket, sort of facing down so it covers one of the cane holders.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the speedometer/odometer. I am going to have to look for one now.

    ReplyDelete