Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rhonda's TravelScoot Adventure

Yesterday UPS delivered my friend Rhonda's TravelScoot. I went to her house last night to help get it set up (which took about 5 minutes), and to ride together to test it out. We had a blast riding through her neighborhood on our scoots. We drove them as fast as they would go. As expected, she can go a little faster than me because I'm a lot larger than she is.

We rode a mile or more (I'm not a good judge of distance) and when we came back to her house at full speed she didn't have any trouble getting up the driveway, but my battery overloaded. It was the perfect opportunity for me to try restarting it by giving the scoot a hard push. I got off and pushed it two or three times and I'd see a red flash on the battery panel, but nothing else. Well, that's when Mark, her wonderful 10-year-old son, came to the rescue. He took off at a run, pushing my scooter, and got the battery restarted almost immediately.

If your battery overloads and you don't have a 10-year-old boy handy, you can also plug the battery into the charger briefly and that's supposed to reset it too.

3 comments:

  1. Rhonda, I hope you enjoy your scoot as much as I enjoy mine!



    Elizabeth, Was the driveway steep or was it the driving at full speed that tripped the battery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't reset it either but sarge can so we traded batteries. hope she loves hers as much as i love mine!!!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynth, the driveway had a good slope to it, but I think it was a combination of the driving at full speed for an extended period and the slope that caused the problem.

    When my battery overloaded at Walmart, I'd been driving at full speed for an extended period, and had only come up a small slope to get into the store.

    I'm going to start carrying my battery charger with me, because it seems like this is going to happen periodically. It's also a good reason to have a second battery, especially when I'm going to be somewhere where I would feel stranded if it happened. (Like in the Walmart store when my car is in the Sam's Club parking lot!)

    I'm going to pass both of your comments on to Rhonda. Thank you! She'll be glad to know there are others who understand.

    ReplyDelete