Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Talking to your doctor about your TravelScoot


From Rhonda:

I got brave yesterday at my primary care doctor's appointment. After telling him about some of the pain that I am having, he asked about daily mobility. He wanted to know how much walking I do in a day and when that walking causes pain. I took a deep breath and answered his questions, then I told him to brace himself and I told him about my scoot.

He laughed! He said he would not dream of asking me not to use my scoot, partly because he was afraid I would fight him for it but also because I assured him that it has increased my mobility in the places that count. He said my body language turned defensive and he knew I was not giving it up.

He actually was much more open minded than I expected. I gave him a card and invited him to check out the blog. I told him he would see positive posts from people whose lives have been changed by using scooters. I guess, heaven help the person who tries to take it away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment