Sunday, October 4, 2009

2009 Tulane Transplant "Gift of Life" Annual Reunion Picnic

On Saturday, while Peggy was in Audubon Park in New Orleans for the Memory Walk, I was right next door at the Audubon Zoo for the 2009 Tulane Transplant "Gift of Life" Annual Reunion Picnic. In 2005, my younger sister Rae gave a kidney to my older sister Georgia. Saying that it changed both their lives doesn't begin to explain the impact on our family and our future. For more information on how you can donate life, visit http://www.organdonor.gov/.

Having a TravelScoot enabled me to be there, and to fully enjoy the zoo.
 

My sisters Georgia and Rae

Me with my great nephew Jaxon.  He LOVES my scoot!

Rae's Certificate of Appreciation.  Click on it to see it larger.

My brother in law Jimmy with his grandson Jaxon.  (This picture is actually from 2008.)

Alan taking a self portrait of us.  Click to see it larger.  We ARE in there!

My husband Alan and my sister Rae

The people who are standing and holding certificates are all living donors.  What a great group of people!

My niece Shelly and her daughter (and my great niece) Madelyn.

Shelly with her children Jaxon and Callie, my great nephew and great niece.

1 comment: