Sunday, November 1, 2009

Debbie and Silver Belle at the Cincinnati Zoo




From Debbie:

I went on my first real TravelScoot adventure today, to the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens. I was a bit concerned that the battery would have enough charge (the SLA) to get me through the day. I had heard the Cincinnati zoo was hilly, so I knew I would consume a lot of energy. We were there for about six hours and most of it was being on the move. I am happy to say that my battery light did not even budge from the green light.

The terrain of the zoo had a lot of paths leading through the different regions which all had pretty good size inclines. I was able to climb all but one, my sister had to give me a little push to get up it. I don't think I would have had the problem if I would have had a run for it. If I would have been by myself, I would have just turned around to get the run I needed. Of course with the inclines you also have the downhill sides, my brakes are not very effective, so I think I left some of the rubber from the bottom of my shoes throughout the zoo. The scoot does go down the hills with a lot of speed, most of the time, I just coasted down because there weren't that many people there.

I have read entries on the blog about riding through gravel, rain, snow and grass, but today I had leaves to contend with. Being autumn, there are leaves on the ground everywhere, I had some difficulty going up the inclines in places because my scooter was spinning out over all the leaves on the pavement.

All in all, my scoot, which I have named "Silver Belle" after my little silver Persian cat, deserves an A+++++ for the day! I can't wait to find some place to go just to have fun with it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment