Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Beta testing a different seat

After Hardy Huber met with us in Baton Rouge (http://www.travelscoot.sizepositive.com/), he went back home and designed a larger, more reinforced seat. I received a test version of the new seat today. I haven't had time to try it out yet, but I know some of you are eager to know everything about the TravelScoot, so I'm posting a picture for you.

The seat on the left is the original one and the one on the right is the new one. The view you're seeing is of the bottom of the seat.

Alan and I are going to switch out the seats soon, and I'll post a review of the new seat.

I haven't had problems with the original seat, but if it makes my scoot even better, I'm all up for design options!

A larger version of the picture is available at http://www.ifisher.com/travelscoot/newseat.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Nice, it looks like the new seat is wider too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's wider and deeper. The metal part is also much larger, which I think will also make it sturdier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - I have joined Eliabeth's blog via Google but can't seem to post except as Anonymous. I am a lady of size in Canada and have an early TravelScoot. The seat is soft and large but shaped like a bike seat and it hurts my rear end! I would love to find out how to get a different seat! Could someone please post some info. Thanks very much and kudos to you, Elizabeth for your helpful and empowering Blog. My name is Lynne..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, you could contact TravelScoot and try one of the current seats to see if it'd be any different for you. The wider seat might work better for you. Contact information is on their website, at http://www.TravelScoot.com.

    ReplyDelete