Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oops... my bad.

In retrospect I should have known this might happen -- I pushed my TravelScoot too far today. I zoomed through one Walmart, and then a second Walmart. A motorcycle guy walked into Walmart at the same time I did, and he was obviously impressed. "Wow, you got on that thing and in here fast!"

After a break at home I did BOTH floors of a huge mall, then Sam's Club. I was by myself and moving fast. But even so, that was all just fine. The fatal mistake was deciding to drive from Sam's Club across the Sam's Club parking lot, across the street, across the Walmart parking lot to my third Walmart of the day. I was going in the door when it happened. The battery light flashed yellow and then it flashed red, and then all power was gone.

I think I overloaded my lithium ion battery, but I didn't have my charger with me to fix it. I folded my scoot up and put it in a cart and took it back to my car. The battery is charging now.

I'm thinking a backup battery might be a good thing. Especially for days like today. (Or going to the Smithsonian at the end of July!) I also need to read the battery manual again.

What was I looking for in Walmart? A specific brand and model of a digital camera. I want one small enough to carry in my purse. It's now on its way from Amazon.com. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. how many hours do you think you were actually in motion? that's the measurement, assuming you were on flat ground.

    I'm going to get the 2nd battery soon, as I think it just makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes that's when you can push it fast (well i can't but sarge can) and it resets the battery if it "tripped" and is not dead. sorry this happened though. have a great sunday!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering how much it could take. I have been afraid to ride it more than a couple of hours at a time.

    Thank you for bravely pushing it to its limits so we know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Bee... how fast and far would you guess that sarge has to push it to reset it?

    Are we talking running here or a brisk walk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn Ellen, total I was probably in motion for 2 - 3 hours, but at full speed almost that whole time. I didn't buy anything in the mall or at Sam's Club and only a few things at Walmart. I think I overloaded the battery and if I had reset it by recharging it a bit or by pushing it fast it would have kept going.

    Cynth, I've used mine for hours before and haven't had a problem. I think the difference this time is that I was by myself and didn't have to slow down to anyone else's walking speed. I'll have to do more "pushing" to see what the limits really are.

    Bee, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete