Friday, April 3, 2009

Read this before connecting the battery

This post is for Lynn Ellen and Cynth, and anyone who is ordering a TravelScoot. You see the red connector on the left side of the battery? Do not, and I mean DO NOT connect the battery connectors together more than necessary. (Like if you have a really strong husband, read this to him several times before he connects the battery.) There IS a warning in the manual about this, but Alan and I didn't pay enough attention to it. I mean, you know, like... WHO reads the instruction manual? YOU should.

When it is connected correctly, I can disconnect it with one hand. However, the first time we connected it, it took a pair of plyers and some lubricant to get it apart. Luckily no damage was done to the connectors. I am impressed with being able to plug or unplug it with one hand.

2 comments:

  1. Very good info to know as I rarely read all the directions and I have arthritis in my hands so not being able to disconnect would be a big problem.

    Lynn Ellen I'd love to hear about your experiences with your travel scoot as well when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally shoved it on too tight and it clicked... Any suggestions? I don't have a whole lot of burly arm strength and no weightlifters in the house... :(

    ReplyDelete