Monday, June 15, 2009

Daniel in a Siemianowice Poland forest

I received an email from Daniel, who has had his TravelScoot for 2 years. I don't think any of us have been in a forest yet, so he's really had an adventure!

Dear Elizabeth Fisher,

Just a note to compliment you on your nice
web page and the nice pictures of your new
Travelscoot.

I have had a Travelscoot for nearly two years
now and I have, since then, been to all the
places I couldn't have gone to for the
previous seven years.

What are you going to talk about at the NAAFA
Convention on July 31st. Just wondering.

Very good luck to you.

from Daniel
London UK


Daniel,

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog.

The workshop I'm giving at the NAAFA Convention in Washington, D.C., on July 31st is going to be about living life as a very large person, and ways to adapt everyday activities to work for us. Two of the things we'll be talking about will be how to modify exercises to work for us, and how using a scooter as a mobility aid can help you live life more fully.

Many people are hesitant to use mobility aids because they fear they will lose the ability to walk, or because someone they love is opposed to it. My scooter is allowing me to be more active and to enjoy things I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to do, like going to the museum or even doing my own grocery shopping.

Would you mind sharing your story with us? What kinds of places have you been able to go? Have you had any problems with your TravelScoot, like broken belts? Have you had to replace your battery yet? You've been using yours longer than any of us have.

It's nice to meet you!

Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel I am looking forward to hearing about your TravelScoot adventures.

    And the nosy rosy in me wants to know about your little red pack that appears to be hanging from your scooter seat and attached to the U shaped tube that holds the seat? I am all about ideas of things to hang on the scooter to make things easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye, Cynth. I also see that he has two batteries stacked. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to find a group of fellow travelscoot users. Hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaurav! It's nice to have you here.

    ReplyDelete